Rainbow Youth | Training Course
Dates: 28.12.2018 – 02.01.2019
Venue: Madrid, Spain
Organizer NGO: KANGO and Mirando Al Este
Rainbow Youth Spain is a continuation of the project Rainbow Youth in Scotland. Organized by Leap Sports and hosted by Mirando Al Este and KANGO.
In parallel with the previous project we used training course to;
Explore the experiences and commonalities around our own youth work practices and our reach to LGBTI+ young people.
Look specifically at the experiences of LGBTI+ young people, and consider a range of different approaches and ideologies for support and inclusion.
Consider practices in challenging hate speech amongst young people, dealing with prejudices and countering discrimination.
Conduct wider critical examination of discourse in marginalized young people within youth work practice.
Design culturally sensitive interventions
- To provide the necessary competences to include a positive approach to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Expression in youth work practice.
- To explore the specificities and challenges of working with LGBTI+ young people in Education settings and European activities.
- To look at the difficulties that LGBTI+ young people face and how practitioners can became facilitators for positive change or growth.
- To provide a framework of action and a series of tools to challenge discrimination on the basis of SOGI.
- To offer a space for inquiry and personal growth of participants.
- To raise awareness and acceptance of LGBTI people across the European Union.
- To reach citizens, foster diversity and nondiscrimination.
- To support key actors responsible to promote and advance equal rights for LGBTI people in the EU.
- To use Erasmus+ programme as a tool to carry out projects that promote LGBTI Rights, Human Rights and equality.
21 People from UK, Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, Austria, Estonia and Macedonia gathered for this project.