Dates: 10-17 September 2017
Venue: Glasgow, Scotland
Organizer NGO: Leap Sports
We used the training course to:
- Explore the experiences and commonalities around our own youth work practices and our reach to LGBTI+ young people.
- Look specifically at the experiences of LGBTI+ young people, and consider a range of different approaches and ideologies for support and inclusion.
- Consider practices in challenging hate speech amongst young people, dealing with prejudices and countering discrimination.
- Conduct wider critical examination of discourse in marginalized young people within youth work practice.
- Design culturally sensitive interventions.
- To provide the necessary competences to include a positive approach to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and Expression in youth work practice.
- To explore the specificities and challenges of working with LGBTI+ young people in Education settings and European activities.
- To look at the difficulties that LGBTI+ young people face and how practitioners can became facilitators for positive change or growth.
- To provide a framework of action and a series of tools to challenge discrimination on the basis of SOGI.
- To offer a space for inquiry and personal growth of participants.
- To raise awareness and acceptance of LGBTI people across the European Union
- To reach citizens, foster diversity and nondiscrimination
- To support key actors responsible to promote and advance equal rights for LGBTI people in the EU
- To use Erasmus+ programme as a tool to carry out projects that promote LGBTI Rights, Human Rights, and equality.
A total of 30 participants from 12 countries came together for this beautiful training course and learned new things. See https://leapsports.org/ for more information.